- HBO’s adaptation of GRRM’s Game of Thrones continues to be a juggernaut unlike HBO or any other premium cable network has ever seen. In fact, there are quite a few Broadcast Networks that would kill babies in order to achieve the viewership numbers that GoT is achieving. To put this in perspective: The Winds of Winter, the final episode of Season 6 of GoT, which was coming off the heels of the incredibly popular and successful penultimate episode of that season, The Battle of The Bastards, achieved the highest viewership of the series up to that point at 8.89 million for the original broadcast alone. That number has been absolutely crushed by the four episodes of Season 7 that have aired thus far.
Dragonstone –10.11 million viewers
Stormborn –9.27 million viewers
- Fire and Blood v.1 will be released a lot sooner than expected. Although any release by #GRRM is sooner than expected by its very nature.
- Last month we spoketh of the exciting ASoIaF Miniatures Table-Top game that is currently looking for funding. Fantasy Flight Games is set to release A Game of Thrones Catan:Brothers of The Watch. This game will be different from the classic Settlers of Catan game and make use of characters from The North, The Wall and Beyond The Wall. We enjoy Settlers of Catan, although there is never enough subjects around at once to enjoy a game.
- Vile Computer Hackers claimed to have stolen 1.5 terabytes of data from HBO’s systems. Included in this hack were script leaks which, btw, #JPJKK had already been hip to for months, since a Redditor got his or her hands on the scripts for the entire season much earlier this year. Also included was the entirety of episode 4, ‘The Spoils of War‘ which literally aired two days after the hack and, if you listened to #TPTWP‘s review, wasn’t all that great. If you go back and read the first section of this Decree, you will find that ‘The Spoils of War’ was the most viewed episode in the history of both Game of Thrones and HBO. So… nice job hackers…?
- Ramin Djawadi’s music for Season 7 will be released on September 29th 2017 by WaterTower Music, a division of Warner Bros. Music. This is exciting because his music is awesome. Although there hasn’t been much of note so far this season, we’re confident that will change and there will be many moments immortalized by Djawadi’s compositions.
- He isn’t The Crow’s Eye, but he is a bad, bad man. Pilou Asbaek’s portrayal of Euron Greyjoy has been the most pleasant of surprises in Season 7. Touted by those in the know as being a bigger heel than The Bastard of The Dreadfort, the man who was crowned The King of The Iron Islands and The North hasn’t murdered quite as many Starks but he is having a huge effect on The War of The Three Queens…. if that is what this is called… which it probably isn’t. Mr. Asbaek gives an informative and interesting interview covering his character in the endgame as well as his own insights into the remainder of Season 7.
- Casey Bloys, the HBO programming chief, has delivered some information concerning the GoT Spin-offs. The amount of actual information is small, however, we would expect to get more information sooner rather than later, especially as HBO tries to solidify programming post-GoT.